1. I can name my partner's best friends
Yes ___ No__
2. I know what stresses my partner is currently facing Yes ___ No__
3. I know the names of some people who have been irritating my partner lately Yes___ No__
4. I can tell you some of my partner's life dreams Yes___ No__
5. I know my partner's basic philosphy of life Yes___ No__
6. I can list the relatives my partner likes the least Yes___ No__
7. I feel that my partner knows me pretty well Yes___ No__
8. When we're apart, I think fondly of my partner Yes___ No__
9. I often touch or kiss my partner affectionately Yes___ No__
10. My partner really respects me Yes___ No__
11. There is passion in our relationship Yes___ No__
12. Romance is still part of our relationship Yes___ No__
13. My partner appreciates the things I do Yes___ No__
14. My partner likes my personality Yes___ No__
15. Our sex life is mostly satisfying Yes___ No__
16. At the end of the day my partner is glad to see me Yes___ No__
17. My partner is one of my best friends Yes___ No__
18. We just love talking to each other Yes___ No__
19. There is lots of give and take (both people have influence) in our discussions Yes___ No__
20. My partner listens respectfully even when we disagree Yes___ No__
21. My partner is usually a great help as a problem solver Yes___ No__
22. We generally mesh well on basic values and goals in life Yes___ No__
Results for your above test.
15 or more : You have a lot of strengths in your relationship.
8-14: This is a pivotal time in your relationship. There are strengths you can build upon but there are weaknesses that need your attention.
7 or less: Your relationship may be in serious trouble and could be headed for the rocks. If this concerns you, you probably still value the relationship enough to try to get help.
New York Post article Tuesday Feb. 8, 2005 www.nypost.com